The first residential retreat will be September 10 - September 15, 2019.
The second residential retreat will be February 11 - February 16, 2020.
Meditating with the Body® is a training program developed by the renowned Buddhist scholar, meditation teacher Dr. Reggie Ray. In the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, the body is considered to be the gateway to enlightenment - to discover the body is to discover awareness and our own most direct and effective path to profound spiritual transformation.
Designed for beginning and experienced meditators alike, this in-depth training focuses on a series of powerful body-based meditation practices drawn from Tibetan Yoga. The comprehensive five-month program cultivates learning and discovery through systematic study, intensive practice, and integration of the practices into daily life.
- In-depth instruction in mindfulness-awareness meditation practice
- Establishing strong inner and outer sitting posture based on the principles of alignment, relaxation, and resilience
- Extensive instruction in the Tibetan Yoga practices of prana breathing, earth breathing, diagnostic breathing, and many more breath awareness exercises
- Uncovering the genesis and nature of the “self,” including how and why it is created and maintained
- Working directly with physical discomfort, illness, and disease
- Experiencing the body as the expression of your personal karmic history
- Understanding how karma is created, stored and released in the body
- Relating to the body as the manifestation of enlightenment itself
- Teachings on the Four Noble Truths, the Five Skandhas, Spiritual Materialism, Buddha Nature, and more
During each retreat, you will strengthen your practice with:
- Extensive daily instruction from senior teachers in Dharma Ocean
- A daily question and answer period
- A private meeting with a personal meditation instructor
- A meeting with your meditation study group to share your experiences within a small group context
- A structured sitting schedule to apply your learning and further develop your practice
In between the retreats, your practice will deepen with:
- A substantial at-home curriculum created by Reggie Ray exclusively for Meditating with the Body including recorded lectures, readings, and guided exercises lead by Reggie to further your conceptual and experiential understanding of how the body is the gateway to enlightenment
- A monthly private phone call with your personal meditation instructor
- A monthly telephone meeting with your meditation study group
- Recordings of talks and guided practices from the two residential retreats
Blazing Mountain Retreat Center
Reggie Ray: Finding Purpose in Spirituality
This talk is from the 2016 Meditating with the Body, Europe.
About the Program
Training begins and culminates with five-day residential retreats where participants are introduced to the practices within the depth of retreat and supported by the warmth of fellow retreatants, meditation instructors, and a spacious mountain retreat environment. Between retreats, practice deepens through an extensive at-home curriculum of readings, recorded teachings, and guided practices enriched by personalized guidance from a meditation instructor and a study group led by your meditation instructor.
Opening Retreat: September 10 – 15, 2019
In-home study: September 16, 2018 – February 10, 2020
Closing Retreat: February 11 – 16, 2020
About the Teachers
Gaia has been a student of Reggie Ray’s since 2005. The somatic meditation practices have had a profound impact on her life. She shares her gratitude for the teachings as a meditation instructor, and as a teacher. Gaia is a retired psychologist, teacher and facilitator, and now lives with her husband in Taos, New Mexico where she is surrounded by mountains, canyons and sky. She has an ongoing commitment to a socially engaged practice and to showing up in the world.
Jeff began his meditation practice in 1998 and became a student of Reggie Ray’s in 2003 when he attended the first Meditating with the Body program. He is an educator and an electronic musician living near Cleveland, Ohio. He enjoys helping others develop a profound spiritual basis for their lives while maintaining families, career, social responsibilities, and play. “These are dark times for many in the world. I’m grateful to have found, and now share, the practices that will allow us to be genuine, compassionate, and precise in our relations with all. The imperative of practice is stronger for us now than maybe it has ever been, and so are the potential benefits to the world.”
Registration will open soon.
The total price of the retreat ranges from $1,860 to $2,900, depending on your choice of housing. This includes food, tuition, lodging, and tax.
For the first retreat, please plan to arrive between 3:00 and 6:00 p.m. on the first day of the retreat. Departure will be at 11:30 a.m. on the last day of the retreat, after a morning teaching session.
If you are staff for this program, please plan on arriving a day early and departing at 5:00 p.m. on departure day. Check out our Program FAQ page for other important information about being on retreat at Blazing Mountain. For any further questions please email us at email@example.com.
Accommodations & Dining
Lodging for this event will be on-site only, and participants can choose from a number of options as they go through the registration process. To see the kinds of rooms available, look to BMRC Accommodations.
We are committed to sourcing the healthiest possible local, sustainable, and/or organic whole foods available to us from local farms and suppliers. In the kitchen, we prepare food in ways that are nutritionally balanced, beneficial to health and practice, and take into account all dietary preferences and restrictions. You can inform us of your dietary restrictions when registering. Learn more about BMRC Dining.
CHARTER BUS SERVICE
Dharma Ocean will offer a private charter bus service directly from Denver International Airport (DIA) to Blazing Mountain Retreat Center for this program. The charter is the only transportation option provided by Dharma Ocean for participants. There are limited seats available for this service. You must choose this option at registration for both retreats (September and February) if you need this service and would like to guarantee a seat. The cost of the charter is $140 per round trip. If you do plan to use the charter service make sure your inbound flight allows for enough time to assemble for boarding the charter bus by 12:30 pm. We recommend that your flight arrives before 11:30 a.m.
The charter will drop you off at DIA around 4:00 p.m. on departure day. We recommend an outbound flight at 6:00 p.m. or later to ensure you have enough time to catch your plane.
VOLUNTEER STAFF TRAVEL
Volunteer staff must arrive the day before the program begins, prior to dinner at 6:30 p.m. There will be no charter service on those days. Please visit the Getting Here page on the Blazing Mountain website for a step-by-step guide to planning your transportation.
For general information about traveling to our retreat center, please see the Getting Here page on the Blazing Mountain website.
There will be scholarship opportunities available for this program. If you are interested in this option please register for the program and fill out an application by July 20, 2019.
Click here for more information, and to find the online financial aid application. You are welcome to apply at any time. Applications will be reviewed shortly after the scholarship deadline.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL US AT 303-955-2574 or 1-877-DHARMA9