When we step into the Vajrayana, we step into the brilliance of our lives. Moving beyond the confines of habitual thought, we touch the fire of reality, burn away the unnecessary, and recover the wholeness that is our birthright. -- Reggie Ray
Within an intimate and supportive environment, participants will be introduced to the view, practice, and fruition of the vajrayana according to the teachings of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche and Reggie Ray. In this two-week retreat, Dharma Ocean Senior Teacher Amy Stahl will teach the view and the practices.
Participants will be offered the opportunity to request transmission into the Dharmasagara lineage from Reggie Ray, and if their request is accepted, participants will receive transmission from him at Vajra Assembly and be fully qualified for the Vajrayana Training Intensive in 2019. All who attend Vajra Assembly and receive transmission also commit to attending the entire Vajrayana Training Intensive the subsequent year.
Familiarity and experience with Dharma Ocean practices and retreats is required to enter the vajrayana and attend this program. Please see the requirements listed at the bottom of this page and contact us with any questions.
Blazing Mountain Retreat Center
About the Teachers
Dr. Reginald “Reggie” Ray draws on four decades of study and intensive meditation practice within the Tibetan Buddhist tradition to address the unique problems, inspirations, and spiritual imperatives of modern people. He is the founder and Spiritual Director of the Dharma Ocean Foundation, a non-profit educational organization dedicated to the practice, study, and preservation of the teachings of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche and the practice lineage he embodied. Read full biography.
Amy Stahl has been a student of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche’s dharma for twenty years. She became a student of Dr. Ray in 2002 while earning a Master of Divinity at Naropa University, and is a Chaplain in the Dharma Ocean lineage. She has been a meditation instructor since 2004, and has been teaching since 2011 as Director of Dharma Ocean Portland. Amy recently edited a compendium of Dr. Ray’s teachings on Vajrayogini, and is a teacher in The Sogetsu School of Ikebana.
Registration is now closed.
- Experience with the Meditating with the Body practices
- Completion of four weeks of a Dharma Ocean Winter Meditation Intensive (Dathün)
- Successful completion of both the Hinayana and Mahayana sections of the Sutrayana Study and Practice Intensive
- Completion of the Mahayana practice requirements, including the Seven-Limbed Bodhicitta training (300 hours)
- Having taken the Bodhisattva Vow
- An established ongoing relationship with a Dharma Ocean Meditation Instructor and a letter of recommendation from them
- Demonstrated readiness to enter the Vajrayana
- Solitary retreat experience of at least one week is strongly recommended
There will be scholarships available for this program. More information will be posted once registration opens.
For general information about traveling to our retreat center, please see the Getting Here page on the Blazing Mountain website.