Registration for the program will be facilitated locally and not through our offices. If you have any questions about the program or about registration, please contact the local coordinators directly at wellspringoflove@
There is a love, bursting out of the ground of our being, that is fully human and at the same time an expression of the deepest reality of the universe. It is immanent as our own basic state and also limitless and all-encompassing. It changes us fundamentally and can heal others and our world.
During this retreat, we will explore the tantric bodhicitta tradition, exploring both ultimate and relative bodhicitta in uniquely somatic ways, connecting with the love that is at the core of our lives.
Registration for the program will open at 9 a.m. AEDT on Thursday, 20 December.
[Registration opens 12/20]
Sangsurya, Byron Bay
In This Somatic Meditation Retreat, We Will Explore Ways of:
- Deepening our connection with the immediacy of our lived experience, through the basic somatic practices of Dharma Ocean, including the 10 Points, Earth Descent, Yin Breathing and the Posture of Pure Awareness
- Opening our hearts, simply and directly to everything that is
- Approaching our obstacles with tenderness and insight
- Cultivating loving-kindness for other people, from our loved ones to those with whom we have contact
- Meeting difficult situations in the world with compassion and clarity and connecting with the elements of the natural world
This program is suitable for all meditators, both beginning and experienced.
The retreat will be conducted in silence.
About the Teacher
Caroline Pfohl is the prime lineage holder of the Dharma Ocean lineage, and Spiritual
Director of the Dharma Ocean Foundation, along with Reggie Ray. She also holds the health and well-being role of Desung (Protector of Joy) for the community. Her spiritual journey has included three decades of study and practice in Chan, Taoism, and Tibetan Buddhism. Within Dharma Ocean, drawing on lifelong work with healing and the arts, she takes the lead in bringing somatic meditation into the arenas of mentoring, relationships, healing, design, and the arts.
This retreat is a unique opportunity to receive teachings from Caroline during her first teaching retreat in Australia.
Byron Bay is easily accessible from both Sydney and Brisbane. Flights from Sydney are to Ballina or the Gold Coast (both 1.5 hours duration). Multiple shuttle bus operators offer shuttles from both airports to Byron Bay. Byron Bay is 2 hour drive from Brisbane.
Sangsurya, Byron Bay
95 Old Bangalow Rd, Byron Bay NSW 2481
Sangsurya is a beautiful retreat centre on the outskirts of Byron Bay. The centre overlooks the ocean and is set in lush sub-tropical gardens and bush grounds. Retreatants will be able to enjoy the salt-water swimming pool at appropriate times.
Accommodation is in shared cottages and rooms with 1, 2, 3 or 4 beds in each room.
Dates and Times
Wednesday, 6 February — Monday, 11 February 2019.
Please plan to arrive between 3 and 5 pm on Wednesday 6 February 2019. The retreat will commence after a light evening meal.
It is important that everyone is seated in the hall by 7 pm.
The retreat will close on Sunday 10 February 2019 after dinner. Departure will be after breakfast on Monday, 11 February 2019.
Departure on Sunday night can also be facilitated by prior arrangement if necessary, however there will be no difference in the retreat fee.
Commitments on Retreat
To create a safe and supportive environment on retreat, all participants are invited and encouraged to take up the three Dharma Ocean commitments as a practice during retreat:
- We recall the fundamental goodness of the human person (our own and others’ inborn enlightenment and inherent perfection) and treat others with respect and dignity
- We honour the sacredness of all of life and experience; everything that arises is an expression of ultimate wisdom and a potential gate to awakening
- We engage in the everyday practice of “never turning away” and develop an attitude of complete acceptance and openness toward all experience
To minimise the retreat fees and to contribute to community life on retreat, there are some work tasks to be undertaken during a scheduled work period. These tasks include assisting with kitchen duties and cleaning. Please let us know in advance if you have any physical limitations that will restrict you from doing certain tasks.
The retreat fee includes lodging for 5 nights and all vegetarian meals.
- Share room (2 – 4 people): $750 per person
- Single room (limited places): $880 per person
- Camping or van site (limited places): $490 per person
- Non-residential (limited places): $450 per person
Registration and Payment
Registration will be facilitated by Sydney Insight Meditators and opens 9 a.m. AEDT on Thursday, 20 December. Please click here for information and to register.
If you have questions about registration, please contact Wellspring of Love.
ANY ADDITIONAL ENQUIRIES, PLEASE CONTACT LIZZIE FULLER ON:
Email | email@example.com