Dharma Ocean offers fellowships that help pay for some of our in-person, residential retreats. The specifics of these fellowships, and what they can be used for, are specified below. They include fellowships for educators, artists, healthcare providers and anyone employed full-time in service to others.
To apply for the fellowship please use this link. See below for more details on fellowships.
Hemera Contemplative Fellowship Program
In an interconnected world, a contemplative practice creates the space for self-awareness that promotes personal well-being and a compassionate connection to self, community and nature.
The Hemera Contemplative Fellowship Program was created to make the unique benefits of a sitting contemplative practice in a retreat context more widely available. Fellowships are available to anyone with a commitment of service – a deep desire to devote oneself to serving others through their work. Eligible applicants must be 18 years of age or older and working full-time in their profession.
- Those who are new to meditation, have never attended a retreat longer than two nights or are new to Dharma Ocean are eligible for 75% support.
- Those with previous meditation retreat experience are eligible for 50% support.
- Those in financial need are eligible for 100% support.
- Financial support is limited to one fellowship per individual per calendar year.
- Fellowships are available on a first-come, first-served basis based on eligibility.
- Applying for fellowship is a two-step process.
- Submit a fellowship application.
- Register for the program you would like to attend.
- To apply for a fellowship, please complete and submit an application using this link. You will need to create an account and pay a $5 application fee. Please indicate which program you would like to attend when you apply.
- To register for the program you would like to attend visit the Dharma Ocean Program Calendar using this link. When you register, please choose Fellowship Housing as your lodging type.
By applying for a Hemera Contemplative Fellowship, you agree to share your contact information with Hemera Foundation.
Anyone 18 years of age or older with a commitment to service – a deep desire to devote oneself to serving others through their profession – is now eligible for a Hemera Fellowship. Applicants must work full-time in their field.
Below are examples of eligible fellows:
- Educators: pre-K through college.
- School administrators and staff: principals, guidance counselors, advisors, nurses, librarians and school safety officers.
- Health care professionals: physicians, nurses, orderlies, medical technicians, dentists, psychologists, psychiatrists, therapists, social workers, chaplains, medical school students and hospice staff.
- Artists: full-time visual, performance, writers, multidisciplinary artists
- First responders: police, firefighters, EMTs, paramedics, 911 dispatchers, disaster response teams.
- Military: active duty, reservists and veterans.
- Others: public defenders, legal aid attorneys, victim advocates, human rights advocates; employees working for any 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or private foundation; employees working in direct human services (government or private). Examples include health and human services, child protective services, workforce development.