Last updated July 2022
This policy describes the kinds of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you visit our website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies when we are in control of how data is collected, stored, and processed, including information we collect on our website, or in email or other electronic messages between you and our website.
Our website incorporates privacy controls affecting how we process your personal data. You can opt-out of our email newsletter, request your personal information, request to update and change your personal information, or request to delete your personal information. If you wish to opt out of our email newsletter, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send.
Collection and Use of Data
- Identifies you personally, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Opens or clicks within email newsletters
- Your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and how you use our website
Mailing List, Course Signup, and Contact FormsWhen you fill out a contact form or an application, you voluntarily provide us your name, contact information, and other information. We will process this information according to the instructions you provide. When you make a purchase through our website for a retreat or online program you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, postal address(es), and credit card information. We collect this information via SalesForce. This information is used to supply you with the product purchased and keep accurate records of your transaction. When you sign up to receive a free audio track or for our email newsletter list, you voluntarily provide us your name and email address. We will process this information per your request to provide you the relevant information and newsletters. Additionally, when you interact with our emails, Mailchimp will track which emails you open and any links you click. From time to time, these clicks will be tracked to identify what programs and courses are most relevant to you.
Account InformationWhen you create an account on our website, you voluntarily provide us your name and email address. We collect this information in order to deliver you the products you requested.
Purpose for which we process Personal Data
- to provide our websites and social media branded pages;
- to display personalized offers and content;
- to manage event registrations and attendance (including ensuring the health and safety of our visitors and employees);
- to send communications;
- to handle contact and user support requests;
- to provide, improve and optimize the performance of our services;
- to bill for our services and manage our accounts (including usage and licensing compliance);
- to maintain the security of Dharma Ocean and its services; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
SpecificsAs you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you including:
- How you interact with our website, including what pages you visited, when you last logged into your account, and if you open or click on our email newsletters
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, location, operating system and browser type
- Estimate our audience size
- Understand how our audience uses our website
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Web beacons. Pages of our the website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited pages, opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Your rights relating to your Personal Data
- Access your Personal Data held by us;
- Know more about how we process your Personal Data;
- Rectify inaccurate Personal Data and, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Data, ensure it is complete;
- Erase or delete your Personal Data;
- Restrict our processing of your Personal Data;
- Transfer your Personal Data to another controller, to the extent possible;
- Object to any processing of your Personal Data;
- Opt out of certain disclosures of your Personal Data to third parties;
- If you’re under the age of 16, or such other applicable age of consent for privacy purposes in relevant individual jurisdictions, opt in to certain disclosures of your Personal Data to third parties;
- Not be discriminated against for exercising your rights described above;
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects; and
- Withdraw your consent at any time (to the extent we base processing on consent).
Children under the age of 16
EU Privacy Rights
Embedded content from other websites
- Fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- Process your payment, including refunds, complaints
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- To enforce or apply any agreements between us, including for billing and collection purposes
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others. For example, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.